Becoming a paid member of Freemuse not only significantly supports our work to defend freedom of artistic expression, but also gives you the opportunity to interact with us. Every three years Freemuse holds its Executive Committee elections and General Assembly. As a paid member you can nominate candidates to run for a seat on the Executive Committee and vote in the subsequent elections, as well as submit and vote on motions to the Executive Committee during the General Assembly.
That time is now!
Freemuse will be holding its General Assembly on the 11th December 2021 and is currently accepting nominations for the Executive Committee elections, but time is running out. All nominees must be in and confirmed by 10th September at 24:00 CET and you must become a confirmed paid member by 10th September at 24:00 CET to be eligible to vote in the Executive Committee elections and participate in the submission and voting on motions at the General Assembly.
Support and have a say in our organisation. Follow this link to become a paid member.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON GENERAL ASSEMBLY TIMELINE
- QUALIFICATION TO VOTE: Payments by members to qualify for voting is 11 September 2021.
- SUBMITTING MOTIONS FOR THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY: The deadline for submitting motions is 11 September 2021.
- SUBMITTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: All nominations for Executive Committee candidates must be made online to the secretariat by midnight of 11 September 2021. Nominations after 11 September 2021 should not be accepted. These can be made by submitting a form (Nominate yourself for the Executive Committee or Nominate a candidate for the Executive Committee) and emailing the allotted secretariat mailbox GA2021@freemuse.org.
- PREPARATION AND DISSEMINATION OF BALLOT MATERIALS: The secretariat will prepare and send ballot materials and instructions to paying members no later than 11 October.
- PREPARATION AND DISSEMINATION OF GENERAL ASSEMBLY AGENDA: An agenda including proposed motions shall be sent to the paying members no less than four  weeks before the General Assembly meeting; that is, 11 November.
- VOTING PERIOD CLOSURE: Paying members will return the voting ballots to the secretariat by 27 November (two weeks before). Ballots arriving later than this time will be treated as invalid.