You can support Freemuse and our work in a number of different ways:
- Become a member
- Report violations and submit material
- Join Us
By becoming a Freemuse member, you support our work, and more importantly, become part of our network, thus signalling that we are a growing, large number of people who are advocates of defending artistic freedom. Members can either be individuals or organisations.
Freemuse has two types of memberships for individuals:
- Paying member – Apart from supporting our work and receiving our regular email newsletters, a paying member has the right to vote at the General Assembly, which is held every third year – the next one will be held in 2018, and can nominate members to the Executive Committee, thus playing a role in the work that Freemuse does. The 2018 candidate nomination form can be submitted here. The annual membership fee is 15 Euros.
- Supporter – A supporter is for people who wish to support and follow our work without contributing financially, and will be added to our network.
Corporate and institutional membership
As an organisation interested in issues of artistic freedom and our work, you can become a paying member of our network as an entity, which allows you one (1) vote as an entity at the General Assembly, which is held every third year – the next one will be held in 2018, and can nominate members to the Executive Committee, thus playing a role in the work that Freemuse does. The annual membership fee is 150 Euros.
Freemuse depends on our network to report incidents of artistic freedom violations, including persecuted and imprisoned artists, instances of censorship, legislation changes making it difficult for people to express themselves artistically, as well as positive incidents in societies that open up their artistic freedom views and laws.
Freemuse is also interested in publishing articles, academic papers or any other information regarding artistic freedom, and is always looking for good freelance journalists and writers to dive deeper into issues of artistic freedom around the world.
If you have an incident to report, some material you would like to submit, or are a freelance journalist/writer interested in contributing to Freemuse’s content, please contact Freemuse (email@example.com)
- Make sure artists are never silenced. Follow Freemuse on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and help us share threatened artists’ art and stories.
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on key developments.
- Do you care about the freedom of artistic expression in a specific country or region? Sign up for our custom Arts Freedom Watch email alerts.