- Become a Freemuse member
- Report violations and submit material
Freemuse members are artists, activists, policymakers, organisations and allies who can connect and communicate their ideas about freedom of artistic expression.
- Connect and take action on violations and policies.
- Mobilise into action for awareness campaigns and advocacy actions.
- Make sure artists are never silenced on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by sharing threatened artists’ art and stories.
- Are automatically signed up for the Freemuse newsletter to stay up to date on key developments.
- Are automatically signed up for Arts Freedom Watch email alerts.
Are you an artist, ally, human rights activist or professional who stands to defend and support the right to artistic freedom. This free membership could include joining viral social media campaigns, signing petitions to affect policy and take part in discussions regarding the state of artistic freedom globally.
Further to being privy to the actions and opportunities listed for Supporting Members, paying members have the right to vote at the General Assembly, which is held every third year. This includes the ability to nominate the Executive Committee. 15 Euros is donated annually.
Freemuse depends on our network to report incidents of artistic freedom violations, including persecuted and imprisoned artists, instances of censorship, legislation changes making it difficult for people to express themselves artistically, as well as positive incidents in societies that open up their artistic freedom views and laws.
Freemuse is also interested in publishing articles, academic papers or any other information regarding artistic freedom, and is always looking for good freelance journalists and writers to dive deeper into issues of artistic freedom around the world.
If you have an incident to report, some material you would like to submit, or are a freelance journalist/writer interested in contributing to Freemuse’s content, please contact Freemuse (firstname.lastname@example.org)