Could you see yourself at an international workplace in Østerbro Copenhagen working with projects promoting artistic expression worldwide? Supporting our Finance section ensuring compliance with grant regulations from multiple states and private foundations?
At Freemuse, you would be working in a diverse environment. Our beneficiaries are rappers, painters, stage artists and filmmakers who are persecuted, harassed, or censored in their home countries due to dissenting opinions or others. If that speaks to you, then your engagement and time are needed to scale up our work.
In order to support the financial administration of Freemuse we are looking for a student two days a week, who can assist us with:
- Accounting, both scanning/uploading, as well as preparing transactions in Palette
- Ad hoc reconciliations
- Maintain time registration system
- Prepare ad hoc excel reporting
- Ad hoc human resources tasks
- Assist with budget and reporting formats
- Support to preparations to Executive Committee meetings
- Assist with photocopying, running errands or creating orders in the IT room
You don’t need to have experience with all the above tasks, but we do expect a person interested in learning and taking on responsibility.
You will assist the Head of Finance and Administration, who will guide you along the way. The team further has a part-time Controller.
Freemuse offices are located on Jagtvej in Copenhagen near Poul Henningsens Plads Metro Station. We expect to see you roughly twice a week, though some work can be done remotely via a laptop, which we will provide you with. We are currently seven staff in Copenhagen and seven staff in six other countries around the world, whom you might be assisting from time to time.
Who are you:
- Enrolled in an academic education on your 3rd year or later
- Interested in accounting and budgeting
- Flair for figures, reconciliation and organizational management
- Experience with Excel and Pivot
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a requirement. Knowledge of either Danish/ Swedish/ Norwegian/ French/ Spanish or Arabic is an added advantage
- Interest or knowledge of human rights and cultural work will be an added advantage
- If you are open, interested, and an engaged colleague, you will be a perfect match 😊
We offer a contract of 14 hours per week following DJØF/offentlig overenskomst for bachelor fuldmægtig.
We are flexible with working hours and respect exams and holidays.
For the right match, this is an opportunity to work in a small NGO and thereby be close to activities. You will learn accounting and administration in a safe environment where we assist each other and celebrate successes along the way.
Starting date will be as soon as possible.
Applications consisting of a cover letter and a CV should be submitted to Mette.Heise@freemuse.org no later than 21 January 2022. Applications will be screened, and applicants might be invited for an interview before the deadline to get you onboard asap.
For additional questions, feel free to contact Mette.Heise@freemuse.org